Economic Development Professionals
Succession Planning and Business Transitions for Economic Development Professionals
Business Succession is being viewed as the most underutilized business retention strategy in community economic development and the objective is to assist communities in retaining these valuable community assets.
SEDA Workshop - Business Transition and Succession Planning
Saskatchewan Economic Development Assocaition has partnered with SuccessionMatching.com to develop a workshop to assist economic development professionals and community leaders on Business Transition and Succession Planning for the businesses in their communities.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the importance of business transitions in our communities
2. Explain the three different types of business transitions
3. Outline the necessary steps business owners need to take in a succession plans
4. Identify the key succession planning professionals that should be involved in a transition
5. Understand programs available for business transitions and succession planning
6. Design, apply and engage community stakeholders and business owners in their business communities
Length: 8 hours
Available through online webinars or in person seminars.
Participants in this workshop will have access to ongoing and up to date information, resources, and templates on the three types of business transitions: family, employee share ownership programs, and third party sales.
Access to this content is password protected and requires user name and password:
Troubles loging in? Or want more information on the next SEDA Workshop please email firstname.lastname@example.org